Faculty of Arts
Areas of study
Whatever your field of interest, you will gain valuable — and transferable — skills in communication, research and problem-solving. Learn more about our Bachelor of Arts degrees and majors that will instill broad, informed thinking to help you become an engaged, compassionate citizen.
- Explore the cultural, 生物, linguistic and archaeological interconnections of human existence through time and space with a major in Anthropology.
- Take your communication skills to the highest level, delve into the meaning behind film and literature with a major in English.
- With a major in History take part in a comprehensive and dynamic program in which you will explore and analyze the paths that brought societies to where they are today.
- Build a solid foundation in policy theory, Economics and Political Science with a major in Policy Studies.
- Examine human behaviour, including sexuality, ageing, memory, brain functioning, learning and deviant behaviour with a major in 心理学.
- Expand your sociological imagination and challenge yourself to think critically about the ways in which society is created, maintained, and changed with a major in Sociology.
- Combine criminological theory with practical experience with a degree in Criminal Justice.
- Shape the spaces in which people live and work with a degree in Interior Design.
General Education courses allow students to explore subjects outside their major, providing important breadth to degree programs. Such breadth makes MRU degrees popular with employers, but also significantly enriches what students learn in their degrees. Students may change career directions several times in their working life, and the lifelong learning and a broad knowledge base acquired through General Education will help them make those transitions more easily — and even welcome them. General Education courses can also count towards a minor, as well as counting towards a double major.